Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hiding away in his Presence.. shawl revelation

Is anyone else distracted when they try and sit alone with the Lord to pray? I seriously think I could have ADD. If there is anything out of place in the room, I'll start cleaning, and once I get going I can't stop until every room is clean, even the ones I can't see from where I am sitting. It's becoming a problem.

So this morning as I was cleaning, again, I found what I thought was a crocheted baby blanket. Upon opening it I discovered a small cross charm hanging from the corner, and remembered it was a prayer shawl that had been given to my sister. I stood there, holding it, wondering if this was in fact the solution to my ADD problem.

While I was in montana I watched a movie called YENTL with Barbara Streisand, and at one point she takes her father's prayer shawl and starts singing (of course she does) to the Lord. She sings about entering the Holy Place, and asks why it is only allowed for men? and then she covers her head and eyes completely, on her knees and begins to pray... Now while the movie itself doesn' t have much in particular to do with what I have been wrestling with on prayer, that scene in particular ran through my mind as I held this prayer shawl.

I will try anything to step into the Holy Place, to get away from distractions and commune with my Papa. This morning I made my tea, and cleared away a clean corner in our living room got to my knees, and lifted the prayer shawl over my head letting it fall on my shoulders and drape in front of my eyes. As I did, I slipped away to the secret place with my Father. I refused even when I felt antsy about how much time had passed to lift the veil until I was done spending time with the Lord. I cried under the shawl, I cried out, I whispered, and to all who know me I dozed off a couple of times. But distractions there were not, and when I finally emerged there was nothing left for me to tell me Papa, there had been nothing that had come between us, and it was 3 hours later!

Now I don't post this boastfully to say, "look I prayed for several hours today", because quite frankly others pray more, and some days I will pray less. I post it to encourage you to step into the throne room of God undistracted. Willing to give up your time, because it's not yours it's His. He desires and craves time with you. Take off your watch, find a corner and hide away in your shawl to spend time that is so precious with the one who made time, who is over time, and who gives you time. Everything flows from our relationship with him. We have the honor and the privilege of access to the kingdom of Heaven, of warring for our brothers and sisters in the spiritual, of hearing his voice, and of laying our burdens at his feet. I pray that you all will try anything to escape into his presence and truly show him that there is none more worthy than HE, and no place you'd rather be than in his arms. I love you all and am fighting for you. Send me your prayers, and as I am covered I will cover you.

No comments:

Post a Comment