Monday, April 2, 2012

Gratitude: Thank you

Gratitude: Thank you

Traveling for the last 15 months has worn me down. I’m literally so drained and unusually tired I looked up symptoms of Narcolepsy online to see if I fit the bill; scary thing is I fit about half of them.
                My last year has been unconventional to put it lightly. I have switched time zones, climates and had more sleep routines than I care to count. I have slept in a tent, a hammock, squished up with 3 other people in one large bed in 90 degree weather, on the floor, in a tree house, in hostels, offices, on airports floors, standing up, in coffee shops, on friend’s laps, in planes, trains, and various automobiles.
                I thought once I returned home to the states I’d settle into one place, I’d have consistency, a regular job-whatever that is, and just some time to recover. God had other plans. He told me to go, to go thank supporters, and visit friends; to essentially jump from couch to bed, to spare bedroom, and more planes trains and automobiles to rest my head. It’s been glorious.  I’ve had restful moments.  I’ve felt I was making a difference, and I’ve felt useless.  I’ve gotten to encourage and I’ve been poured into more than I could retain. I’ve relished every moment with old friends, and picked up some amazing new friends along the way.
 So thank you to everyone who picked me and my belongings up on the side of the road and let me live out of your car. Thank you for the countless rides to and from airports, coffee dates, babysitting, and churches. Thank you for loaned bicycles, for loaned clothes, and cars. Thank you for spare bedrooms, for feeding me abundantly, and for letting me be a part of your daily chaos. Thank you for the walks, talks and tears that we’ve shared; there have been a lot of tears.  In a time when I am figuring out what God is calling me to do, thank you for your patience, your wisdom, your concern, and your prayers. Thank you for loving me well. 

  And thank you to Jennifer Kromhout for the fun photography day. If she can bear through my awkwardness- then she can photograph anyone. Check her out: www.acorn-photo.com or contact her at jennifer@acorn-photo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment