Monday, May 28, 2012

Gratitude: Brother from another Mother

Me, Mom, and Audi at the beach:) 


It's been a while. Things have been crazy. Things have been busy. My life is hustle and bustle. But amidst the chaos God has stepped in and shown me it is important to stop, to slow down, and breathe Him in.

The last two weeks have been non-stop. Somehow I have been constantly on the Go, but moving in slow motion. I like this pace of life. I have been negligent to post on here, but not to Write, and in writing the thing I am most thankful for recently is you. Well, most likely you- my close friends and family all around the world.

I asked the Lord for close friends I could not live without, and he gave me more than I can keep up with, but none I am willing to give up. I am thankful for walks full of phone dates, friends who forgive me for missing said phone dates and pursue me well to set another. I am thankful for random catch up emails, for snail mail, and even a short text to say hello and I miss you. I am thankful that though I do not feel planted with a house of my own, I have a home in at least 10 states, and 5 continents.

I am thankful that I have 3 biological siblings, but even more thankful the people I call brother and sister number at least 20 and that's not even counting the brothers and sisters I have through my adoption into God's family through Christ.

This week I mourned not being at the WR training camp, because my family is there, but rejoiced that I could fight harder for them in prayer.  I enjoyed family time reading the hunger games aloud, hiking the gorge with good friends, eating at Paradox, and celebrating my sister's 27th birthday,because I am here. I freaked out, because my family from Raleigh is in Portland and we toured the town.

I will always be so close, yet so far away from one person or another, and so all I can do is rejoice. Rejoice that you are in my life. Period. Rejoice that I have people in my life worth missing, and aching to see. Rejoice that God is good. The thought," I don't know why I am so blessed" goes through my mind at least twice a day. You all are the reason behind one of those two thoughts.  You are rejoiced over, thought of, prayed for after said thought, loved, and missed. Thank you for being my family.

Me and Bethany at Powell's books

Adrian and Audrey's first night in Portland with me!

One of my "homes" this is where I currently live:)

No comments:

Post a Comment