Monday, May 28, 2012

Gratitude: Mobile Life

Pod home I found while walking in the SE..



I would like to live in this little Pod RV. Ya know why? Not so I could be simplistic, minimalistic, unique, adventurous, and a free vagabond, although those things are all my style, but so that I could be near you. I would love to live in this little space pod so that I could move about the world, park in your drive way and spend time with you. My people live in too many places. 

One of my absolute most favorite pieces of writing is the author's note in Through Painted Deserts, by Donald Miller. I have read it at least 100 times, and never tire of it. Each time it speaks something new, breathes new life into me, and reminds me that life is in the memories we make with the people we love. That no matter where we are in the world the most important thing is what God is changing in us, what is being born and what is dying and that we are given one story to live and hopefully it will be one that God sees and smiles at how thankful we are for the life we've been given. 


"I could not have known then that everybody, every person, has to leave, has to change like seasons; they have to or they die. The seasons remind me that I must keep changing, and I want to change because it is God's way. All my life I have been changing. I changed from a baby to a child, from soft toys to play daggers. I changed into a teenager to drive a car, into a worker to spend some money. I will change into a husband to love a woman, into a father to love a child, change houses so we are near water, and again so we are near mountains, and again so we are near friends, keep changing with my wife, getting our love so it dies and gets born again and again, like a garden, fed by four seasons, a cycle of change. Everybody has to change, or they expire. Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons." 

I have moved to be around family, to be near friends, for work, and for school. I have left in search of paradise, only to find a picture of home in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment