Sunday, February 12, 2012

Part 1-A Lonely Prison

"Love is letting my voice out of the cage I turn my heart into.
It's confused and it's used to the dark.
Constantly bound by fear and insecurity. " 

     She closes the journal and sighs. She's been hurt before, disappointed, and rejected, so she welcomed the lock, the walls, the door, and the roof that sealed her confinement.

     Neither could those who would hurt her come in, nor could she be smashed if she set out on foot open to the world. It's true a life of silence could be lonely, at times unbearable, but she had become numb to any visitors pursuits. They no longer walked freely to the door of her heart. She had tried that before; always trusting freely without assurance, and her heart had been ripped to pieces. Now they had to pass through a maze of obstacles, climb over fences, and barriers even to make it to the path to where her heart resided, and once there the door was locked and the key had been thrown away long ago..........

(** I wrote this in November of last year..  a mini series I guess you could say..but it's speaking to me as I reread where my heart was, and where it is now**)

No comments:

Post a Comment