Thursday, February 2, 2012

Grandma Jeanine Praises

Hey ya'll. Just wanted to post a little update on Grandma Jeanine, since the last time I wrote I was pretty upset, and she was about to go into surgery. She did have the surgery, and all is well. They were worried about her small intestines blood supply not being able to be untangled, but there were no complications. My sister, Autumn, is the better person for all the medical details; i was just thankful that they said everything went great, and she was looking good.

Since her surgery day, all of her breathing rehabilitation, walking, and slowly getting back to normal digestive functions have been progressing well. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and she was excited to be getting released for home today so long as she passed a couple rehab clearances that she was confident about.

I also found out yesterday that they are praising the Lord that it looks like she will not have to do chemotherapy for her lungs, but the downside to that is the reasoning. The doctors are now not sure of what to do besides manage the type of cancer she has. She couldn't remember the type to tell me, but apparently you just keep it at bay with a shot and some medications. That doesn't sound fun, or promising. Please continue to pray for her complete and total healing, and for worry at these kinds of things to leave my thoughts quickly. I know worry doesn't add a day to her life, or make her any better. I need to take a lesson from her, and just choose Joy. The phrase we heard so much this year, it drove us crazy, but proverbs agrees. "A cheerful heart is good medicine.."

No comments:

Post a Comment